Paediatric Masterclass for General Practice 2020 – registrations open
Queensland GPs are invited to register for the 2020 Paediatric Masterclass for General Practice which has gone virtual this year and will be FREE!
Delivered in partnership with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the Masterclass is the premier paediatric education event for GPs in Queensland, with topics designed by GPs for GPs.
This year’s Masterclass will run online from Tuesday, 6 October 2020 to Tuesday, 17 November 2020 and be broken into three blocks of two sessions, focused on the first 2000 days, the primary school years, and adolescence as follows:
The first 2000 days
- Part 1: Tuesday, 6 October – Prenatal screening; Newborn screening and the implications for general practice. Register here.
- Part 2: Tuesday, 13 October – Dermatology in general practice and Measuring Progress – poor growth. Register here.
Primary school years
- Part 1: Tuesday, 20 October – Asthma, cough and the unified airway; Paediatric urological problems – enuresis, UTI, bladder dysfunction. Register here.
- Part 2: Tuesday, 3 November – Assessing the child with headache, dizziness or concussion; Measuring progress – obesity. Register here.
Thriving in adolescence
- Part 1: Tuesday, 10 November – Eating disorders, self-harm, suicide prevention, and alcohol and drug use. Register here.
- Part 2: Tuesday, 17 November – Adolescent gynae, teenage pregnancy, sexual health, and GPs in high schools creating an adolescent-friendly approach. Register here.
Places are limited, so register early for all six sessions. or choose those that most interest you!
For more information, email CHQ.GPLO@health.qld.gov.au