The Queensland Children’s Hospital is served by three public car parks in South Brisbane. These are:
- The Queensland Children’s Hospital basement car park
- includes 22 designated disabled car parks with a height restriction of up to 2.5 metres are located on B1. (The height clearance when entering the car park is a standard 2.2 metres. The disabled car parks have a height clearance of up to 2.5 metres to allow operation of lifts, hoists, etc. once the car is parked.)
- The Mater Hancock Street car park
- The Mater Hill car park
Please note, the hospital is located in a busy inner-city precinct. Please allow adequate time for parking before your appointment, as parking is limited during peak times. If the car park is full, there is overflow parking on B4 which is staffed by a security officer. If you cannot find a carpark, you can exit for 30 minutes without charge.
If parking in the Queensland Children’s Hospital basement car park, parking tabs are now available to help you easily locate your car. Tabs can be pulled from dispensers in the A and B lift entry areas in the basement car park, indicating which level you are on, e.g. B1. Each tab also has space for you to write the lift well you used to access the hospital (A or B), and your parking row and bay. Pay machines are located on each level of the car park, near the lifts. Cash or credit/debit cards payment are accepted.
If your vehicle’s height exceeds the hospital’s basement car park entry clearance of 2.2metres contact hospital security on 07 3068 5128 prior to visiting to arrange alternative parking arrangements.
All car parks are operated by Mater Health Services. For information about parking costs, visit the Mater Health Services website.
Concessional parking may be available for:
- Patients and carers who are eligible for Centrelink payments or hold a current government concession card;
- Patients and carers who need to attend hospital for an extended period of time; and
- Patients and carers who are required to attend hospital frequently.
The concessional parking rates are $12 for a daily pass and $100 for a monthly pass (where applicable).
For further information on how concession parking is accessed, please read the full Children’s Health Queensland Car Parking Concessions Policy.
Families who believe they may be eligible for concessional parking, please visit in the Patient and Family Travel Hub on Level 6 of the hospital, Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 6.00pm.
Families who require additional support are welcome to visit the Social Work and Welfare team on Level 6 (6f). Free parking may be available in certain circumstances where families can demonstrate urgent or extraordinary need. For example, when a child has been admitted from Emergency after hours and the parent or carer has no immediate access to funds or where there is no recourse to funds.