Cultural Awareness and Liaison Officers provide support to Maori and Pacific Islander families during their stay at the hospital. This is a free service for patients in the Maternity Ward, Paediatric Ward and Emergency Department at Logan hospital.
What we do
- Provide emotional and cultural support to you and your family.
- Help you access an interpreter if you need one.
- Provide you with information about resources and services available at Logan Hospital and in the community.
- Connect you with the community services that are right for you.
- Discuss any questions or concerns you or your family may have while in hospital.
- Help you gain an understanding of your treatment and options by working with health professionals.
- Work with you to plan your discharge and follow up care.
Who can access this service and do I need a referral?
|Cultural Awareness and Liaison Service
|Maori and Pacific Islander families during their stay at Logan Hospital. Please contact our Hospital Liaison Officer on 0437 945 860 for more information.
For health professionals
|For health professionals seeking cultural support services at Logan Hospital, please contact our Hospital Liaison Officer on 0437 945 860 for more information.