The Craniofacial Clinic at the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital provides multi-disciplinary care for children with a congenital or acquired craniofacial abnormality/condition. The clinic brings together a range of highly experienced specialists including (but not limited to):
- plastic and reconstructive surgeons specialising in craniofacial surgery
- orthodontists, specialist dentists and oral health technicians
- speech pathologists
- geneticists, genetic counsellors (not present at all clinics)
- ophthalmologists (not present at all clinics)
- paediatricians (not present at all clinics)
- other specialists including respiratory physicians, ear, nose and throat surgeons, social workers and psychologists are accessed via onward referral
- clinical nurses.
These specialists provide a comprehensive assessment and expert treatment of abnormalities of the skull and face.
- If you have any concerns about your child’s care please contact the craniofacial clinical nurse on 07 3068 4321 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child has been seen by a speech pathologist at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital and have any concerns or questions please contact the Speech Pathology Outpatient Department on 07 3068 2375 or via email at LCCH-Speech@health.qld.gov.au.
- If you have any concerns about your child’s surgical recovery including pain management please contact 07 3068 1111 and ask to speak to the on-call plastic surgery registrar.
- If your child has been seen by the Oral Health Team at the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital and you have any concerns or questions about your child’s oral health care please call 07 3068 2280.
- If you have any general health queries, please contact your general practitioner (GP) or 13 HEALTH (13 432584).
Who can access this service?
To be eligible for review in the Craniofacial Clinic at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital, children must have an apparent or suspected craniofacial abnormality or condition.
This service is available to all Queensland children and children from northern New South Wales.
Do I need a referral?
You will need a formal referral to access this service.
How do I get a referral?
Referrals are accepted from:
- general practitioners
- public and private paediatricians
- other medical specialists.
Referrals may be accepted up to a child’s 16th birthday. The referring doctor can contact the Craniofacial Clinical Nurse if they wish to discuss the referral 07 3068 4321 or via email at email@example.com.
Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme
Baby’s head shape article
Dr Stuart Bade MBBS, FRACS (Plast)
Senior Medical Officers
Dr Richard Lewandowski MBBS, FRACS (Plast), FRACS (Gen Surg)
Dr Susan O’Mahony MBBS MPhil MD FRACS (Plast)
Dr Yun Phua MBChB, FRACS (Plast)
Dr Richard Theile MBBS, FRACS (Plast)