Information for health professionals
It is essential to call the Surgical Registrar to discuss treatment options and referral to the Burns Department as well as any burns clinics. Please fill this form after you have spoken to the on-call burns registrar at QCH on 07 3068 1111.
Do I need a referral?
You will need a formal referral to access this service.
How do I get a referral?
Referrals are accepted from:
Photos (8MB maximum file size. If uploading multiple photos, make sure that file names are different). Please ensure the photos are in focus.
Before the submit button
By using this online telehealth service, the requesting clinician acknowledges and agrees that:
- The patient/parent/guardian understands that confidentiality, patient identifying information including clinical images will be shared with the telehealth clinicians in the specific areas for appropriate medical purposes.
- The service is intended to assist with diagnosing and managing the patient’s condition.
- The service consult does not substitute the referrer’s judgement and the requesting clinician is responsible at all times for the diagnoses and management of the patient’s condition.
- The requesting clinician is registered to practice within Australia.
Once the form is submitted
- You will receive acknowledgement that we have received your request
- Your request is received by CHQ speciality areas who will process the request
- Your request will be reviewed by a CHQ clinician
- A response is provided back to the requesting clinician within 24 hours
- A report for your records will be available via the Viewer within 7 business days
Contact the paediatric surgical registrar on-call via the hospital switchboard.
t: 07 3068 1111
For all other enquiries, contact the Paediatric Burns Outpatients Clinic (Monday to Friday, 7am–3.30pm).
t: 07 3068 2830
e: email@example.com (referrals)
e: firstname.lastname@example.org (admin)