Children’s Health Queensland delivers life-changing research that contributes to the best-possible outcomes for children and young people in Queensland. Our strong research focus is evident through the co-location of our purpose-built infrastructure – the Centre for Children’s Health Research, Queensland’s first fully-integrated research facility focused on child and adolescent health research, located adjacent to the Queensland Children’s Hospital, a leading tertiary and quaternary paediatric hospital. Across the organisation, we generate knowledge that is clinically informed and clinically impactful to drive evidence-based care, service improvement and innovation. Our structure supports the close collaboration between clinical staff, academic leaders, scientists, patients and their families which means research findings can be quickly translated into better healthcare for children and young people in Queensland, and around the world.
The Children’s Health Queensland Board Research Committee provides strategic oversight of research governance, activity and priorities in support of Children’s Health Queensland’s overarching strategy.
Reporting to the Children’s Health Queensland Board, the Committee offers expertise in clinical research, collaborative research enterprises, philanthropy, and commercialisation structures and applications. The Committee assists with engagement strategies and the development of long-term collaborations and partnerships that enhance research capacity and clinical service delivery.
The Board Research Committee comprises:
- Heather Watson, Children’s Health Queensland Board member (Chair)
- David Gow, Chair of the Children’s Health Queensland Board
- Cheryl Herbert, Children’s Health Queensland Board member
- Suzanne Cadigan, Children’s Health Queensland Board member
- Associate Professor Frank Tracey, Children’s Health Queensland Health Service Chief Executive
- Associate Professor Steven McTaggart, Children’s Health Queensland Executive Director Medical Services
- Associate Professor Andy Moore, Children’s Health Queensland Director of Research
- Dr Sandra Pavey, Children’s Health Queensland Business Manager Research
Children’s Health Queensland Research Council
The Children’s Health Queensland Research Council is an advisory body that supports and empowers clinician researchers to embed research into service delivery across the organisation. The Council informs and delivers strategic research priorities of the Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service.
The advisory group was established in July 2020 with Children’s Health Queensland’s Director of Research, Associate Professor Andy Moore as Chair. It includes more than 40 senior clinician researchers representing the full spectrum of clinical services and departments, and members of the Children’s Health Queensland’s executive leadership team.