Allied health professionals are supported at Children’s Health Queensland with extensive, co-ordinated education and training.
Our Simulated Learning in Paediatrics for Allied Health (SLiPAH) program embeds authentic simulated-learning experiences for occupational therapists, physiotherapists and speech pathologists across Queensland. SLiPAH is committed to entrenching both the National Safety and Quality Health Standards and National Professional Standards in its programs.
The Simulation Training on Resuscitation for Kids (SToRK) Program provides regional, rural and remote clinicians with greater access to customised paediatric simulation training opportunities. This ensures they are appropriately equipped and supported to provide quality care in their local area.
A range of simulation education programs are on offer:
- Paediatric Advanced Care in Trauma (PACT)
- Paediatric Emergency Medicine Training in Emergency Asset Management through Simulation (PEM TEAMS)
- Managing Emergencies in Paediatric Anaesthesia (MEPA)
- Optimising Paediatric Training In eMergencies Using Simulation (OPTIMUS)
- Establishment of Anaesthetic / ORS simulation program
- Weekly Simulation Training In Kid’s Emergency (STRIKE) program in QCH Emergency.