Brisbane Paediatric ECMO Course
The Queensland Paediatric Extracorporeal Life Support Service and Children’s Health Queensland PICU extend a warm invitation to health professionals for their 2-day Paediatric ECMO Course.
- Dr Adrian Mattke – Director ECLS Service and Deputy Director PICU, QCH
- Dr Christian Stocker – Director PICU, QCH
- Emma Haisz – CNC ECLS, QCH
- Dr Luregn Schlapbach – Staff Specialist PICU
- Dr Prem Venugopal – Cardiac Surgeon, QCH
- Dr Sarfaraz Rahiman – Staff Specialist PICU
- Tony Black – Senior Perfusionist, QCH
- Introduction to ECLS
- ECLS Hardware, including pump and oxygenator properties
- Indications and management of paediatric VA ECMO and circuitry
- Indications and management of paediatric VV ECMO and circuitry
- ECMO cannulation
- 3 SIM sessions
- Anticoagulation in ECMO
- Mechanical emergencies and complications
- Medical emergencies and complications
- Weaning ECMO
- 6 SIM sessions
The cost of the 2 day course for medical staff is $440.00 and for Nursing/Allied Health staff $220.00 (Note: GST will be waived for Qld Health employees). This includes course admission, all copy of all presentations, and catered morning tea and lunch.
Numbers are limited. Please register at www.eventbrite.com.au/e/the-australian-paediatric-ecmo-course-tickets-55741089098 by Noon on Friday, 22nd March 2019.