Specialist Online Advice
Children’s Health Queensland (CHQ) aims to deliver a full range of services in a safe, high-quality patient and family-centred manner, for all children in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. Our goal for Specialist Online Advice is to facilitate clinicians to provide tertiary level care whilst families remain in their communities.
This Telehealth site includes a form to be completed by the requesting clinician when seeking advice and assistance for acute clinical cases requiring immediate consult with CHQ clinicians across four defined sub specialities, namely:
*Urgent: In case of urgent clinical presentations please contact the CHQ switchboard on 3068 1111.
By using the Specialist Online Advice, the requesting clinician acknowledges and agrees that:
- The patient/parent/guardian understands that confidentiality, patient identifying information including clinical images/videos will be shared with the telehealth clinicians in the specific areas for appropriate medical purposes.
- The Telehealth Service is intended to assist with diagnosing and managing the patient’s condition.
- The Telehealth Service consult does not substitute the referrer’s judgement and the requesting clinician is responsible at all times for the diagnoses and management of the patient’s condition.
- The requesting clinician is registered to practice within Australia; and
- Unless otherwise determined, the Telehealth Service is not a substitute for CHQ’s defined referral process nor will the cases consulted on through this Solution be considered a referral for tertiary care
Note: All interactions with the Specialist Online Advice solution are by authorised CHQ individuals involved in the clinical and administrative management of the Telehealth Service.
- Fill in all sections of the form below
- Provide a relevant clinical background as determined by the sub specialty
- Attach an image where applicable.
- Press Submit
- You will receive acknowledgement that we have received your request
- Your request is received by CHQ speciality areas who will process the request
- Your request will be reviewed by a CHQ clinician
- A response is provided back to the requesting clinician within 24 hours
- A report for your records will be available via the Viewer within 7 business days
- You can upload photos from a camera or mobile phone
- Please make sure photos are in-focus
- Multiple images can be added
- Close-up and an indication of distribution/symmetry
- Indication of evolution (image on parent’s phone can be photographed)